Saturday, October 8, 2011

ANOTHER Conversion Story?

It seems like everyone wants to bullhorn their thoughts, opinions, and personal lives into the ether for all to see. The desire to be noticed, loved, seen as an important expert...these tend to override both shame and good common sense. My last blog (now defunct) was no exception. It had become nothing more than a vehicle for my own narcissism. So I killed it.

Now I'm back. I was going to bore all three of my readers (only a one of whom actually intended to end up here, the others having arrived purely by accident) with the prosaically eloquent (secret code for "long-winded and pretentious") tale of how and why I came to Tradition. Sufficient prayer and reflection made me think better of it. Why trade one narcissistic blog for another? It seems better to post a link to one of the prayers that has become the cornerstone of my spiritual life:

The Litany of Humility

And while we're somewhere near the topic, please consider taking up the cause for the beatification of its author.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. It has been submitted for review by the administrator of this blog. Please understand that if it does not meet the guidelines outlined in the disclaimer and definitions sections, it will not appear on this blog.